Stress Awareness Month: Can CBD Help?
Stress has definitely been at the forefront of peoples lives these last couple years and it is starting to take its toll on some. April is Stress Awareness Month which is a great time to reflect on how you are feeling and how you can help bring some calm into your life.
Many people can significantly benefit from stress-relief no matter what that looks like for them. One option to help with stress relief is CBD but is it really helpful?
What Is Stress Awareness Month?
April was designated as Stress Awareness Month in 1992 and has been used as a time to increase public awareness about both the causes of and cures of our various stresses.
According to the Wrike 2019 Stress in the Workplace Survey, 94% of U.S. workers reported having work-related stress, leaving only 6% stress free. The American Physiological Association (APA) states that 77% of adults experience physical symptoms and 73% have psychological symptoms caused by stress. The APA also sates that chronic stress is linked to the 6 leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver and suicide.
In a 2020 Quartz survey, 50% of people first tried CBD hoping that it would help ease anxiety and stress. According to Peter Grinspoon, MD, “CBD may prove to be an option for managing anxiety” which gives us hope but let us look a little closer into the effects of CBD on stress levels.
Can CBD Help With Your Stress?
Stress and anxiety nearly go hand-in hand with some minor differences. Stress is your body responding to a threatening situation and anxiety is a reaction to your stress. Any evidence that CBD can help reduce anxiety levels is a good indication that it may be able to help your stress levels as well.
CBD has been proven to interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which helps regulate mood, appetite, sleep, the immune systems and other bodily functions. All of these functions also effect our stress levels. If you are not getting enough sleep or your mood is constantly poor then odds are your stress and anxiety levels are higher as well.
In a 2015 study, CBD was found to reduce stress and social anxiety. The study stated that CBD is a “potential treatment for anxiety disorders” including SAD, PTSD, Panic Disorder, OCD, etc. Another study also found that when dosed properly, CBD oil had antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects.
CBD is still relatively new and is continuously being studied but the general consensus so far is that CBD is a natural way to reduce the stress that is keeping you from living your best life! We recommend sourcing the best CBD oil for the best potential results by focusing on the following. The quality and source of the hemp used, the extraction process, if there is third-party testing, oil potency, and the product reputation.
Continue To Educate Yourself!
CBD is constantly being studied which means developments surrounding the awesome chemical are happening as well. Keep educating yourself about CBD and we will hep you along the way.
Elemental is committed to providing the healing benefits of CBD to the Rapid City community and surrounding areas.